My name is Annalisa – I’m a polyglot, translator and interpreter – and I have been travelling the world from a young age.
Helping others be understood and understand one another has always meant a great deal to me. On my travels, I would find ways to communicate with others in Italian, English or German… or just by using gestures. In school, I used to help my foreign classmates learn Italian, and my Italian classmates learn English.
Getting to know other people, and discovering the world through languages, ignited the spark in me to keep on exploring more, encouraging me to learn new languages, in high school and at university.
Graduating in Translation and Interpreting was a natural continuation of my education – nurturing my innate curiosity and leading me to an amazing job that could not have suited me better.
Three passions move me: a passion for people, for languages and for travel – this is why I have never looked for a traditional 9-to-5 job. Working in dynamic, international environments, building bridges between people and cultures, is the most natural thing somebody like me could do, connecting people and helping them exchange ideas.
I have travelled, lived and worked around the world: visiting some 36 countries (so far) as well as living in the UK, Switzerland, Italy, Germany and Singapore which has given me an invaluable insight into crossing cultural barriers and successfully negotiating in different cultural settings.
How does this influence the way I work? How is it actually relevant for you?
Here are a few reasons:
- I enjoy learning new things and challenging myself: staying up to date in your chosen field is the best way to stay relevant
- Complete freedom of movement: as a language consultant, I can move easily and join you where your project requires it, in Germany, Switzerland, in the UK and generally around Europe.
- Strong intercultural sensitivity, and a natural tendency to pick up on cultural hues that might make a difference in a market or another.
- Great time management and resource management skills, adapting in the most agile way to the requirements of each project.
- Efficiency, responsibility, transparency, attention to quality and a result-oriented attitude.
- A constant will to challenge myself and learn new skills, such as a new language
My love for art, fashion and beauty, coupled with the ability to read and manage different situations, permeates everything I do and influences my working style, inspiring me to craft every project with the care and the passion for a job well done.
During my free time, when I do not work or travel, I practice yoga and meditation, I enjoy walks in nature and reading, I take pleasure in exploring markets and tasting street food, and photographing all the specks of beauty I might find on my path.